Thursday, April 13, 2006

Do we even care? We have to figure it out!

There were two stories that are on the papers today that confounded me. Both involved our neighbours Malaysia. 13th April 2006

First, the one of them halting the building of a 'scenic' bridge to replace the causeway. I don't want to get involved in politics here but one couldn't help thinking.... especially when they have already spent so much on setting up the foundations over in JB. You go figure whats up with them.

Second, Singapore Young Lions beat Sarawak 7-2.
Did it really mattered to Singaporeans? Before the game? After the game? I cant answer for you.
Did you know we were involved in some FA cup of sorts against Malaysian rivals?
I hear some bigwigs in FAS who would probably say, i don't know better. I am apathetic to their work in trying to get singaporeans involved in singapore soccer again. But i have got this to say, if no one knew of such participation thingie, or even if they did but didn't bothered, then sorry, all their work is just that, pathetic, down the drain.

Even the news report of the thrashing was so much smaller than the one of St Andrew's beating ACS(I) in the National Schools Rugby. I didn't even notice that Lions won cos the report of St. Andrews with the picture and headlines so much bigger!

WEll that really represent what we have for Singapore soccer!!!

1 Comments:

At Tue Apr 18, 03:33:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

JC:- I agree with you! Soccer is on the downhill in singapore. I don't even know whats happening to our national team any more. I rather watch EPL then to have to read any news article on Singapore soccer.
The win over the Sarawak team is just not interesting.
Cheers

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home