Thursday, May 04, 2006

Rallies Rallies Rallies

As election fever heats up, I find myself skimming over muddy fields and sweaty bodies at rallies. Always trying to get a better view.

Parliament has been dissolved a few days ago and technically we can actually say 'bo zheng hu' (no government) now!

Other than that, I find comfort and excitment in that there is going to be elections in Singapore again! Political participation in Singapore. Once only ONLY in every five years.

Theres nothing much to do in Singapore anyway, many people would say. But when there's something to do and participate in, I know and see people rather sit around and watch SCV repeats or just sit about repeating their complains. And the worse of all, they say 'nothing' by saying that nothing is going to change, some 1 cents worth uneducated comment or something to that effect.

Well probably nothing is going to change, maybe something might change.

But until the time when ppl first get to know the issues that are debated at this election, the parties that are involved, the current affairs thats happening, the blogs and webs, other than our media, than are they in a better position to say so. To give their 2 cents worth.

I am happy that I have some perogative to do so now. To feel more patriotic, a sense of nationhood, a sense of belonging. But I know alot of hollow people will say otherwise. I will just stick to calling those ppl hollow. "Kung(1) She(1)"

For crying out loud, I was interview by our papers! I can be such a media whore. Did you guys catch it? Newpaper Monday (May Day) I forgot to buy a copy.
However, my quote wasn't quoted correctly. They left out the most important words. Well am not going to dwell on it.
That's the 140th rank media in the world out of 167 media.


Until 6th May, soccer seems to be suspended. Got a game on sunday though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home