Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Oh where was I...? Shamsul Maidin where are you?

Do I need to repeat myself that this World Cup is a farce?!?

FIFA you have outdone yourself. You are now officially an embarassment! I was so embarassed with your referees that I am not even interested in the World Cup anymore... FIFA you are a disppointment in training, organising, guiding and deploying of your batch of referees.

Can somebody just explain to me what happened in the Brazil v Ghana match?!?

Oh maybe, just maybe, that there is a reason for the inept referees that are out there... the reason might be to give Singapore referee Maidin the opportunity to referee the finals. Lets hope that this honest, straight and fair referee gets to officiate at the Grand Finals. If its someone else, I would say that there is a very high chance that the game will turn out to be just another farce.

Shamsul Maidin for the Finals!!! Did I get his name right??
Shamsul save my throat and heart and save the World Cup!

Oh just to set the matter straight...

I love Brazil, but I am not Brazilian you see. So I actually wouldn't mind Brazil losing the game. Infact i wouldn't mind any team losing any team cos I am Singaporean afterall. For the love of the game I play and support soccer, just some fancy jersey or club. Ghana is not a big name in soccer, but they had a big heart. They are not the best, they are not top scorers, by golly they are not pretty boys... but they were trying to play soccer. Yes they missed chances, but they had the heart which Brazil didn't display. And this white ass idiot had to spoil 1 billion people's joy of the game. This stupid bugger actually behaved as if he really want Brazil to go through. Thats what infuriating.

Once again I ask, who does the referee think he is. Has the referees forgotten that a brilliant referee is one who doesn't get noticed in a match. Tat a referee is a lousy referee once he gets mentioned instead of the players in the papers the next day.

Dare I say that the referee eat money and fish at a kelong?!? Probably not but one couldn't help noticing right.

2 Comments:

At Wed Jun 28, 12:36:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boring boring world cup. No shocking results, no unexpected scorelines, no big windfall for pundits. Apart from a couple of matches with excellent team play. What I find really amusing is the press reports and critics crucifying poor performance and glorifying good ones. And after one performance, the same critics sing a completely opposite tune to the extreme.. You can't help but laugh at silly statements in the newspaper one day and even more ridiculous ones the next... by the same darn reporter...

As for refs, the saying goes: no news is good news. So Singapore, take this chance to be involved in the world cup, coz you know you will never get an opportunity even in 2111... We shall all support our Sg world cup rep, Ref Samsul...

 
At Thu Jun 29, 09:16:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sigh.. As far as I know.... Samsul is probably one of the 14 referees sent home from the world cup... Screw the FIFA referee committee...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home