Thursday, June 29, 2006

Who are the Man-with-the-Whistle?

Was told I got the name wrong from a Malay fren... Its Shamsul Maidin and not what nonsense I spelled his name.

Anyway, I think I got bad news. Our man-in-black does not seem to be getting any more games.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2006/5108722.stm

Well there you have it, I wonder whats their referee committee up to. I mean we can all say let them decide, they are the governing body afterall and will do a good job. But look at the line up of ref man.

1) Argentinian refereeing the Eng (many believe to be arch enemy) V Portugal (many believe to be neutral acquaintance) game
2) East European refereeing the Germany V Argentina game (maybe nothing in here cept...)
3) European refereeing West Europe v East Europe in Italy V Ukarine (Can meh?)
4) Spainish refereeing the S Americas V European game (Is Spain very close to French or are there too many brazilians playing in Spain?)

I am not saying anything, yet, I am just stating the facts so far. However if I am allowed to look into it (am an social science student anyway, academic hazard), I just don't like the way the referees have been alocatted. But I don't want to undermine the professionalism of the referees.

Will only give my comments, after, the games.

Play-On!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home